Tex Mex Spaghetti Squash
ONION (FINELY DICED)
JALAPENO (FINELY DICED)
BELL PEPPER (DICED)
CHEDDAR CHEESE (SHREDDED)
LEAN GROUND BEEF (CRUMBLED)
BLACK OLIVES (SLICED)
FAT FREE SOUR CREAM
GREEN ONION (SLICED)
SEA SALT & PEPPER
* To make this vegetarian just omit the beef and double the beans!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice squash in half lengthwise and place cut side down on oven safe tray with a 1/4 cup of water.
3. Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
4. Cook ground beef in skillet until no longer pink then drain excess fats. Set meat aside.
5. Heat avocado oil in skillet over medium heat.
6. Add onion, jalapeno and bell pepper to skillet and cook over medium heat until translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
7. Add ground beef, beans, tomato and black olives to the skillet.
8. Add garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika and onion powder to skillet and stir coat all ingredients.
9. Simmer over low heat until the squash is ready.
10. Remove squash from oven and string the squash to loosen it from the edges. Set half of the contents from each half aside (these can be reheated the next day to begin another meal!)
11. Sprinkle sea salt and pepper on squash.
12. Scoop skillet ingredients into squash.
13. Divide and sprinkle cheese on each half.
14. Broil in oven until cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
15. Top with dollops of sour cream and garnish with green onion.