Jalapeno Cheddar Soup
MEDIUM ONION CHOPPED
CARROTS PEELED AND CHOPPED
JALAPENO PEPPERS SEEDED AND CHOPPED
MEDIUM YUKON GOLD POTATOES CHOPPED
LOW SODIUM CHICKEN OR VEGETABLE BROTH
SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE
1. Use 'saute' function to cook onion, carrots, and jalapenos until just beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper and cook until the garlic is fragrant (about 30 seconds).
3. Sprinkle the flour over the top of the vegetables, then cook 1 minute until lightly golden.
4. Slowly stir in the milk and cook until the mixture thickens (about 2-3 minutes) stirring constantly.
5. Stir in chicken broth.
6. Add potato.
7. Cover and use 'slow cook' function to cook until the vegetables are tender (about 5 to 6 hours on high).
8. Transfer the soup to a blender or food processor and puree in batches until desired consistency is reached.
9. Stir in the cheese.
10. Serve garnished with green onions and sprinkle of cheddar cheese.